Student Community Service
At Rancho Christian School, we believe very strongly in the power of “Service Learning” in which students engage in projects and activities to improve their communities or address social problems. Most importantly, it is the opportunity to be “the Hands and Feet” of the Lord.
9 reasons why community service is so vital to student success:
- Service Learning has been associated with academic gain.
- Students experience an increased sense of self-efficacy.
- Students who participate in community service are more likely to grow up to be strong global citizens.
- Community Service is a great problem-solving skill builder.
- Volunteering makes students more attractive to potential employers and colleges.
- Students find a sense of responsibility and pride.
- Community Service brings learning beyond the classroom.
- Volunteering is one big team building opportunity.
- It’s our Biblical calling: “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45