Volunteer at Rancho Christian School
Whether their kids are just starting kindergarten or entering the final year of high school, there are many good reasons for parents to volunteer at school. It's a great way to show your kids that you take an interest in their education, and it sends a positive message that you consider school a worthwhile cause.
Why we volunteer at Rancho Christian School
A volunteer’s job at Rancho Christian School is to foster relationships that produce a shared UNDERSTANDING, APPRECIATION, and RESPONSIBILITY for the enhancement of the Rancho experience.
What does this mean?
This means each student, parent, staff member, donor, and friend OWNS the following statements:
- We are a community that lifts one another up.
- We are a community that shares good news publicly and proudly.
- We are a transparent community.
- We are an innovative community.
- We are a grateful community.
- We are a community that understands every dollar given, earned or charged is for the fulfillment of the student experience.
- Because we value the above, and most importantly, we recognize the power of Christ to work in the hearts of our students, staff, families and friends, we willingly give of our valuable expertise, attention, and resources
Required Parent Hours
Research shows that when parents actively participate at their child's school, that their child performs better. So, Parent Hours at Rancho Christian School are as much about helping Rancho out, as it is giving parents (or grandparents) the opportunity to engage more deeply in their child’s educational adventure. Parent Hours can be satisfied by any member of the child’s immediate family and are self reported on the honor system. We encourage parents to think creatively about how they can use their gifts to the benefit of their child’s school.
REQUIREMENTS: PARENT SERVICE HOURS
- Elementary school families are required to serve 20 hours of their time per year, per family. Parents may opt out at a rate of $10/hour. Hours will be billed per semester (10 hours each semester)
- Middle School and High School families who are receiving tuition assistance are required to serve 20 hours of their time per year (10 per semester), per family and may not utilize the opt out rate.
Eagles Nest is the Rancho Christian School Parent Volunteer Organization that works to promote the school and assist administration and teaching faculty. Their charge is to CONNECT, SUPPORT and PLAN EVENTS. Events include some of our most spirited and tradition inspiring activities such as Ranchopalooza, Father Daughter Dance, and the Jog-a-Thon. Eagles Nest also provides opportunities for parents to connect through Prayer groups, networking opportunities and classroom activities.