Did You Know?
If you’re age 70 1/2 or older, you may be able to take advantage of an important incentive that allows individuals to make gifts from their IRA accounts to one or more charities. AND, you can direct that gift to your favorite charity with no federal income tax liability.
As you plan your minimum required distributions for each year, and if you do not have need of the entire amount of the distribution the government is requiring you to take, it may be a great opportunity to take advantage of the IRA Charitable Rollover to make a gift to the Rancho Christian Annual Fund. Every gift to Rancho Christian is an investment in our current students, tomorrow’s leaders.
Contact your financial advisor today for details on how to arrange an IRA Charitable Rollover gift!
- You must be 70 1/2 or older when you make your gift, and the gift must be made from an IRA - no other retirement plans (such as 401K, 403b or SEP accounts) qualify.
- Your gift must come to us outright - it cannot be used to establish a charitable gift annuity or support a donor-advised fund.
- The gift counts toward your minimum required distribution from your IRA for the year.
- The charitable portion of your distribution, up to $100,000, will be free from income tax.
- Remember - when tax season arrives, you cannot count that gift as an income tax charitable deduction since it was a pre-tax gift.