College Counseling Online Resources
College and Career Searches
- Collegeboard Big Future – Students can explore interests, careers, find colleges and make a plan.
- Cappex – Search for colleges, compare admission statistics and see which colleges provide merit aid.
- Collegedata – Students can search colleges, look for the right fit, learn about cost of attendance and more. To save and store information students must create an account.
- California Colleges - Career assessment
- College Navigator – A search engine from the National Center for Education Statistics.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – Information about the University of California undergraduate
- O*NET – A tool sponsored by the US Department of Labor that allows students to search occupations and careers by using various factors such as industry, discipline, outlook and more.
College Admissions and Applications
- University of California Admissions – Information about the University of California undergraduate campuses, eligibility requirements and costs.
- University of California On-line Application – Information about University of California application dates/deadlines, majors, personal statement and fees.
- California State University Admissions and Application – Information about Cal State University campuses, eligibility requirements, costs, majors, degrees, application dates/deadlines and fees.
- The Common Application – Accepted by over 650 private and out of state public colleges, this is a great option to simplify the process.
- Coalition Application – New in 2016, a free platform of online tools to streamline the experience of applying to college.
- NCAA – The largest and most well-known collegiate athletic organization in the nation.
- NCAA Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete – Essential reading for anyone considering playing sports in college.
- NCAA Clearinghouse – The first step in playing college sports, student-athletes must register with the clearinghouse at the end of their junior year.
- NAIA – Another collegiate athletic organization.
- Kaplan – Search tools and information on their test prep courses.
- Peterson’s – The publisher of well-known guidebooks offers a variety of tools for students.
- The Princeton Review – Search tools and information on their prep courses and guidebooks.
- Colleges That Change Lives – An organization focused on introducing great schools that may be lesser known. Great resources for parents too!
- FAFSA – The free federal form required by almost all colleges. File online and save weeks in notification time.
- California Student Aid Commission
- Federal Student Aid – US Department of Education Federal student aid programs, school codes, current student loan rates
- Federal Student Aid PIN – You must obtain a government PIN to complete the FAFSA online.
- Sallie Mae – tips on managing student loans and financial aid in general.
- CSS Profile – The College Board online form that collects information used by almost 400 colleges and scholarship programs to award financial aid from sources outside of the federal government.
- Finaid – A broad overview of everything related to financial aid: loans, grants, etc.
- Fastweb – A comprehensive search engine for scholarships of all types.
Life on Campus
- CampusTours – Virtual tours, searchable by state and college name.
- CollegeProwler – A guidebook series targeted directly at students.
- eCampus Tours – 360 degree IPIX tours of hundreds of college campuses.
- Campus Security – Searchable database of federal safety statistics for thousands of colleges and universities.
- Greek Pages – Searchable database of fraternities and sororities.